Shocking moment e-cigarette battery explodes in man’s pocket next to pram

By | December 22, 2016


This is the moment an e-cigarette battery exploded in a man’s pocket just metres from a baby’s pram.

Shocking footage shows sparks fly from the man’s pocket as he runs away from the buggy in a Yorkshire shopping centre.

The explosion was sparked by two spare lithium-ion battery which short circuited after rubbing against a coin or keys.

He was left with minor burns following the explosion, which happened in Leeds, in September. 

West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service Fire Investigator Jamie Lister said: “This footage clearly shows the dangers of storing batteries alongside any metal objects, be it keys, coins, or even your phone if it has a metal case.

“This is not the first time we have seen injuries caused by a lithium-ion battery exploding whilst being carried in someone’s pocket. We really want the public to understand the risks which can be easily avoided.

“There does not need to be a fault with the battery, the problem is the incorrect storage of the batteries.” 



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *